Papa's Birthday Cake
The measures for the frosting is more than enough for the cake, and you can add as much or as little as you wish. If you have some left over, you can save it in the fridge and use it for another cake.
Set oven to 375 F, Gas 5, 190 C
1. In a Large Bowl with a Spoon, mix well all the ingredients for the cake
2. Spray a 9 X 13" pan with cooking spray.
3. Pour batter in, and bake for about 40 minutes. Check with a toothpick to see if it's done.
4. COOL Completely on a wire rack...IN THE PAN.
5. While cake is cooling make Frosting -
Cream together all the ingredients and spread on cooled Cake, that has been left in the pan.
6. Sprinkle with nuts, if you wish...Of course, I wish...Also, this is the only frosting I use for any cake calling for a Cream Cheese Frosting.
"It is a dense, moist easy cake, and I always get raves about it, When I can get a chance to share it."
What did you think to Papa's Birthday Cake? Did you enjoy it? What did you have with it? We'd love to hear from you so tell us in the comments below!
If you've got a family recipe you'd like to have shared on Foodies Corner, contact us here
Some other Sheet Pan Style cakes for you to enjoy: